- Longboard Shop
- All Brands
- Pre-Built Boards
- All Longboards
- Longboard Decks
- Longboard Trucks
- Longboard Wheels
- Longboard Bearings
- Longboard Bushings
- Longboard Hardware
- Longboards for Big Guys
- Longboards for Kids
- Safety Gear
- Sliding Gloves
- MuirSkate Exclusives
- Park Completes
- Park Decks
- Park Trucks
- Park Wheels
- Gear on Sale
- Free Stickers
- Gear on Sale
- Gift Cards
- Buyer's Guide
- Setup Guide: Cruising
- Setup Guide: Freeride
- Setup Guide: Downhill
- Setup Guide: Kids
- Bushing Guide
- Longboarding Terms
- Longboarding FAQs
- How To Videos
- Requests? Feedback?
- About Us
Riptide APS **TALL FAT CONE** Longboard Skateboard Bushings Pack with Washers
**For Trucks with TALL Bushings ONLY**
RipTide Bushings offer two unique varieties of urethane. The WFB (World's Fastest Bushing) and APS (Animated Polymer Systems).
The APS compound offers a very linear turn (keeps the bushings predictable all the way to the end) along with a solid level of rebound to get your trucks back to center after a quick turn.
The bulky shape of the RipTide Fat Cone Bushings offers blend between a Barrel and a Chubby. The circumference of a barrel where the bushings sit on the truck, and then gradually widens to the size of a chubby where the washers sit. This gives you the ability to get more lean than a chubby, while giving you progressive resistance the more you turn (bushings gets more restrictive the more you turn).
If you combine the RipTide Fat Cone Bushings with a set of the RipTide Barrel bushings, you've got yourself a great combo for fast freeriding and technical downhill.
These Fat Cones are wider than your typical bushing. This means a standard cupped washer isn't gonna fit. Luckily for you, the Fat Cone Pack includes two large flat washers, too!
Sold as Pair with Large Flat Washers & a Sticker
- 0.975" Dia x .75" High (24.77mm Dia x 20mm High). Custom urethane blend.
- APS rides a couple of points softer than they test, so order accordingly
- Need help deciding the best choice for you? Email us with details of your setup & what feel you're seeking [email protected]
- Hard durometer bushings (95a - 97.5a) are for heavier-weight riders (over 125lbs) and allow for a nice tight set-up.
- Medium durometer bushings (85a - 90a) are for medium-weight riders (75 - 125lbs) & those looking for a looser setup in the RoadSide position when coupled with a harder duro bushing.
- Soft durometer bushings (70a - 85a) are for light-weight riders & those looking for aloose setup in the RoadSide position.
- Excellent when used as a TallBarrel/TallFatCone combo - but incredibly fun and variable when used in the Roadside position in combo with other shapes & or duro's in the Boardside position.
The Formula: APS (Animated Polymer System)
As the name implies, this compound is very lively and offers high rebound with lots of control and lean. For the same durometer, the APS will turn 10% to 15% more than the same durometer of other brands. In addition, the APS does not change much when you tighten the kingpin nut past snug. We recommend tightening to the point where is difficult to turn the bushing in the bushing seat by hand. Use a flat washer for lower resistance and a cupped washer for higher resistance.
Thick, supportive and responsive.By Lturhurdur on 2016-02-12 Verified Purchase
I got tall fatcones to put boardside on my cRogues, I don't think I'd be able to find a better bushing to put bs if I had unrestricted access to every brand on Earth. Great turn range despite the high duro since Riptide runs soft, and the APS formula is incredibly responsive.