- Longboard Shop
- All Brands
- Pre-Built Boards
- All Longboards
- Longboard Decks
- Longboard Trucks
- Longboard Wheels
- Longboard Bearings
- Longboard Bushings
- Longboard Hardware
- Longboards for Big Guys
- Longboards for Kids
- Safety Gear
- Sliding Gloves
- MuirSkate Exclusives
- Park Completes
- Park Decks
- Park Trucks
- Park Wheels
- Gear on Sale
- Free Stickers
- Gear on Sale
- Gift Cards
- Buyer's Guide
- Setup Guide: Cruising
- Setup Guide: Freeride
- Setup Guide: Downhill
- Setup Guide: Kids
- Bushing Guide
- Longboarding Terms
- Longboarding FAQs
- How To Videos
- Requests? Feedback?
- About Us
80.5mm Seismic Alpha Defcon Longboard Skateboard Wheels
The 80.5 Seismic Alpha Defcon was designed for maximum roll speed on smooth surfaces. Racers or riders that aim for speed will find what they are looking for in the new 80.5mm Alpha Defcon formula.
Defcon Formula and the Fusion Core explained in more detail by Seismic Team Riders:
76a Defcon: Vice-like grip and very snappy directional slide, with plenty of slowdown power. Ideal for aggressive racing.
78a Defcon: Very stiff edges that give loads of grip with a friendly slide and crisp hookup. Ideal for smooth roads and lighter riders.
The 80.5mm x 61mm Alpha Race Wheel
Stout S-shaped lip profile optimizes edge support, maximizes edge-hold under extreme G’s, and ensures predictable slide initiation & hookup
0.5mm concave running surface pre-loads lips heightens rebound and enhances in-slide feedback
3.5% offset for progressive lip engagement and more consistent wear
Robust bearing lugs
Fiber-reinforced 85D – the strongest, toughest hub material in the industry
Guinness WR roll speed
Slow, consistent wear
80.5mm tall ALPHA Wheels
Sold in sets of FOUR wheels. Available in TWO finely-tuned widths:
80.5mm tall x 60mm wide DH Race: Superior top-end roll speed, traction, and braking power… with surprising quickness and agility for a wheel of this heft!
61mm running surface • Bearing seat offset 3.5% • Square outside edge, straight-cut inside edge • 9.125 oz. each
Race wheel engineering at its finest!
• A highly-optimized balance of properties for modern racing. Welcome to a whole new realm of FAST!
• Size and momentum to carry you past the competition in straightaways – yet agile enough for quick acceleration, fast edge-to-edge adjustments, and snappy technical pre-drifts.
• Finely-calibrated widths and supremely supported edges for smooth, predictable handling through even the hardest corners
• The very fastest urethane that the skateboard industry has ever seen, bar none.
• Named after the Greek letter “alpha” (α), used in science to represent rotational acceleration.
The Fusion™ core – integrating 15 years of advanced hub R&D.
• 46mm tall x 44mm wide – the largest and most supportive hub ever seen in a wheel this size.
• Deep, wide “saddle” profile regulates lateral wheel flex, supercharges edge support, and ensures absolute mechanical lock with the urethane.
• 8 lateral support beams (hollowed-out for lightness and aesthetics) form wide ridges that create unprecedented circumferential lock and rebound.
• Robust bearing lugs.
• Formed from 85D fiber-reinforced thermoplastic – the toughest hub material in the industry.
Available in DEFCON™ high-rebound formula, in two finely-tuned durometer choices.
Defcon™: thoroughbred race ‘thane • Guinness WR speed • directional slide • long-lasting grip • slow, consistent wear
• 76A Mango: Vice-like grip and very snappy directional slide, with plenty of slowdown power. Ideal for aggressive racing.
• 78A Mint: Very stiff edges that give loads of grip with a friendly slide and crisp hookup. Ideal for smooth roads and lighter riders.
No reviews have been written for this product.