- Longboard Shop
- All Brands
- Pre-Built Boards
- All Longboards
- Longboard Decks
- Longboard Trucks
- Longboard Wheels
- Longboard Bearings
- Longboard Bushings
- Longboard Hardware
- Longboards for Big Guys
- Longboards for Kids
- Safety Gear
- Sliding Gloves
- MuirSkate Exclusives
- Park Completes
- Park Decks
- Park Trucks
- Park Wheels
- Gear on Sale
- Free Stickers
- Gear on Sale
- Gift Cards
- Buyer's Guide
- Setup Guide: Cruising
- Setup Guide: Freeride
- Setup Guide: Downhill
- Setup Guide: Kids
- Bushing Guide
- Longboarding Terms
- Longboarding FAQs
- How To Videos
- Requests? Feedback?
- About Us
184mm Caliber 2 "Blackout" Downhill Longboard Truck
We recommend the Caliber II "Fifty Cal." and "Forty-Four" Longboard Trucks for top mount longboards. With certain wheel choices, they may cause wheelbite on drop through decks.
The Caliber II Longboard Skateboard Truck is Caliber Truck Co.'s interpretation of what a cast reverse kingpin downhill truck should be. NOW UPDATED the Caliber II' s now have a better bushing seat, increased strength, and are manufactured under tighter tolerances. Same great look and feel, except now even better for all DH/ Freeriding needs.
We've busted huge slides down hills and thrown ourselves off nicely sized launch ramps to make sure these trucks are sturdy, and they do not disappoint. If you're into DH and freeride, the stock bushings on the 44 Cals should be just fine.
If you're the carving and cruising type, check out Caliber's "Fifty Cal" Downhill Longboard Truck. If you're into DH and freeride, grab 2 packs of stiffer double barrel bushings from Venom or Riptide. If you're the carving and cruising type, the stock bushings should be just fine.
CALIBER II Trucks
A precision feel now available in cast
UPDATED INNER / OUTER STEPS ON BUSHING SEAT
- The new Inner-Step provides an increased contact area with the bushing, resulting in dramatically higher rebound and overall responsiveness. The Inner-Step diameter has been adjusted to 25.4mm to eliminate all slop.
- The new Outer-Step is now a perfect circle with a 31.5mm diameter, creating a perfect no-slop-fit with oversized aftermarket bushing combinations.
PIVOT WITH TIGHTER AND UPDATED CHAMFER
- By decreasing our pivot cup seat chamfer, we have increased pivot cup surface area contact with the baseplate. This creates a snugger fit for the pivot pin and prevents side-to-side play as the pivot cup breaks in.
CIRCULAR KINGPIN HOLE WITH UPDATED DIAMETER
- With a diameter of 17.4mm, our kingpin hole has been updated to match the specs of out precision trucks. A circular hole provides a consistent and uniform lean, while also allowing proper clearance to avoid kingpin bit on the hanger.
INCREASED TRUCK STRENGTH
- With a new in-house heat treatment process at our manufacturing facility, we were able to strengthen our trucks by as much as 40%.
PRESSED-IN GRADE 8 HEX HEAD KINGPIN
-We have removed all slop and play by switching to a pressed-in kingpin. This provides maximum control and responsiveness through corners, but can still be hammered out and replaced with different length removable kingpins for extra levels of customization.
- We have reinforced our baseplate by thickening the metal towards the kingpin. This provides increased strength and resistance against high speed impact.
THINNER PAINTS FOR TIGHTENED TOLERANCES
- Powder coats are very thick and can throw off tolerances and effect overall truck performance. We have switched over to a thinner paint system that has virtually no impact on performance.
these trucks are very good for freeride and some mellow downhill, i would recommend
Sexy & Smooth!By Josh S. on 2016-12-10 Verified Purchase
Stoked about my new Caliber 2 "Blackout" trucks! The blackout look is just. Plain. Awesome! Very happy with their performance and Caliber makes a smooth riding truck. The 50° trucks are just what I needed and give the most versatility. Two enthusiastic thumbs up here!
By Luke Lorenzo on 2016-08-11 Verified Purchase
Awesome trucks!! Built to last, just upgrade to Barrell bushings for a crisper ride.
never going back.By Jan von Bergen on 2016-06-21 Verified Purchase
For me personally my new favourite freeride/cruiser trucks. Nimble, consistent handle speeds very well. I don't know exactly why but they just feel so freakin amazing. 10/10
I like themBy Austin B. on 2016-06-04
I think they're nice. More nimble than my old trucks, though that might just be because of the bushings. I run them pretty loose and they're fairly stable at speed. Though I still like tightening them a little. I might try new trucks out next, but I still recommend them
Gold standardBy Skatesamurai on 2015-11-08 Verified Purchase
My personal favorite truck which I measure everything else against. Jack of all trades. Split 50 44 is oh so amazing get these if you need a place of reference or are new
Great TrucksBy Mdierker on 2015-09-19 Verified Purchase
Great trucks, smooth ride and not much more expensive than the stock trucks.
184mm Caliber 2 Satin Gold Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 Satin Green Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 "Raw" Downhill Longboard Truck$24.95 $22.46 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 "White Gold" Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 Midnight Satin Blue Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 Degree Smoke Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 Satin Lavender Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 Satin Coral Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!
184mm Caliber 2 Midnight Forest Green Downhill Longboard Truck$27.50 $24.75 Sale!